Wednesday, October 16, 2019

Camping in Hocking Hills

For those of you who read my blog last week, you may recall that I was planning on camping in Hocking Hills, OH over my fall break last week. I must say, it was one of the most beautiful places I have ever visited in my entire life. I never would have ever thought something so amazing could have existed in Ohio, but man am I glad I took the opportunity to go on this trip with my friends. The only thing that wasn’t all that great was all of the time I had to spend in a car leading up to actually camping at Hocking Hills. The day before we left for Hocking Hills another roommate and I first had to drive an hour and a half away to Mansfield, Ohio in order to meet my roommate’s mom and retrieve some camping supplies. The next day we spent a total of about 4 hours on the road because we had to stop through Columbus on the way to drop off a different roommate’s dog. 


As soon as we got off the main highway and started driving towards the campsite the landscape around us quickly began changing. For a majority of the drive we drove through the typical flat Ohio landscape covered by corn, but once we took the exit into Logan, Ohio we were surrounded by mountains, rolling hills and sheer cliff faces. As we were driving through the winding roads I couldn’t take my eyes off of the view and I was mesmerized by the absolutely gorgeous scenery. Over the course of the weekend, we were able to visit many of the caves and caverns that have made the Hocking Hills area famous, and after seeing them for myself I can definitely see why so many people visit this area every year. 

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad that you had a great time! I love Hocking Hills and am so glad you got to appreciate the amazing scenery Ohio DOES have to offer! :)

    ReplyDelete