Thursday, October 3, 2019

Summer in September

If you read my blog last year, you may have heard me complain about the weather in Ohio quite often. I used to complain about the unrelenting wind and frigid winters, but so far there hasn’t been anything that I can justify complaining about. For the most part, it has been beautiful outside with sunny skies and warm temperatures. Of course, this weather still doesn’t compare to the tropical-like weather of New Buffalo, Michigan, but it might be some of the best weather I have ever experienced in Ada, Ohio. This fantastic weather is definitely having a positive effect on my overall mood and dare I say it, a positive effect on my grades. When the weather is crappy outside I find it very easy to find an excuse not to go to class that day, but when the weather is nice out it is almost impossible to find an excuse to skip class.


Having 80-degree weather all of the way through September has allowed me to continue doing the same activities I enjoyed over the summer. One of my absolute favorite things to do is have a bonfire with all my friends. Almost every weekend since we have been back in Ada I have been able to have a bonfire with all my closest friends. Another one of my favorite things to do outside in this gorgeous weather is playing bags, otherwise known as cornhole, while listening to music and drinking beer. This combination makes for a perfect summer day and if you have a day of playing bags followed by a night around the bonfire it makes for the ULTIMATE summer day.

4 comments:

  1. Funny how I blogged about the weather as well and while yes the weather so far has been awesome, Fall is coming and we all know how Ada turns after the fall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't agree more. It seems as thought one of the absolutely worst things about Ada (and Ohio in general) is the barrage of wind, snow and frozen everything. While I wish that there was a way I could enjoy the warmer weather in Ada other than just getting sweaty, it still is better than it being negative 40.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so excited for fall weather! I love summer but I need some sweaters asap.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think fall is the best time to have a campfire, if you can keep it going. The weather does make it hard out here and the wind sucks. I will say the combo of beer and music is better when you're warm.

    ReplyDelete