Thursday, October 10, 2019

Fall Break Camping Adventure

I can’t believe that fall break is already fast approaching us here at Ohio Northern. Typically, I haven’t done much over fall break in the past, but this year is going to be very different. I have taken the opportunity to go camping somewhere I have never been before, Hocking Hills, Ohio. I am very excited about this camping trip because I have heard how beautiful the Hocking Hills area is and I have and I have been waiting for the chance to see it for myself. I have enjoyed camping my entire life and I have had the opportunity to camp out in some pretty remote places over the years. Every place I have camped over the years has been very different from all of the other places in terms of region, climate, geography and overall experience. 


One of the first places I have ever been camping was the Manistee National Forest located in the northwest area of the lower peninsula of Michigan. Up there you can just drive down a two-track deep into the woods until you find a place where the nearest person or sign of civilization is miles away. I always love going camping up north, especially during the salmon season in the early fall. Another one of my favorite places that I have had the opportunity to camp at was on the side of a mountain in Colorado Springs, Colorado. I have never experienced anything like that before and it is something I will remember for my entire life. On that trip, Air Force jets flew barely 100 feet above our heads and we got to watch a hot air balloon race across Colorado Springs from the top of a mountain overlooking the city. I really hope the experience I get a Hocking Hills will be something I can look back on in the years to come. 

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely LOVE Hocking Hills. You are going to have an incredible time. I am not a huge fan of camping, but love exploring new places to hike. Have a great time! I can't wait to hear about it!

    ReplyDelete