Wednesday, September 25, 2019

Early Symptoms of Senioritis

When I first came back to Ohio Northern this year I thought that I would be able to pick up right where I left off last year. Full of motivation and a strong drive to succeed academically in all of my classes. Man was I wrong! I have quickly developed a serious condition of senioritis and it is becoming more powerful every day. Since I was in high school I have heard people talking about senioritis, but I did not think I would catch it this early in the school year. I was at least expecting to make it through the first semester before I started noticing any symptoms, but no, senioritis is in full effect just 4 weeks into the fall semester. I don’t know how I am supposed to make it through the rest of the school year when my body has already been taken over by this debilitating condition.

To make matters worse, many of my friends and roommates have also developed symptoms of senioritis and the results are catastrophic. Before, as soon as one of started slacking off the others would encourage him to refocus and get back to their studies. Now, when one person doesn’t feel like doing anything, the others will experience the same feeling and we all end up watching a Lethal Weapon marathon or something along those lines. 



Last year I completed a market research project examining the effect of student housing arrangements on academic performance. I concluded that students that live on-campus tend to have an overall higher GPA than those students living off-campus. I should have taken this into account before moving into an off-campus house, but I was so excited to finally get off campus after three years that I wasn’t going to let anything stop me. So now I’m just going to have to suck it up and get my stuff together before I end up having to take a fifth year of college, otherwise known as a victory lap. 

1 comment:

  1. I am also catching senioritis! It is a horrible thing to catch, living off-campus doesn't help either. I have so many fun things I want to do instead of homework. Hopefully I can push through the rest of the year!

    ReplyDelete