Thursday, April 4, 2019

Getting Ready for Summer Vacation

It is an exciting time here at Ohio Northern University. With only five weeks left of classes, the entire campus community is buzzing as everyone looks forward to their summer vacation plans. Whether you getting an internship for the first time, planning a road trip or vacation with friends, relaxing at home for three months or even just working a minimum wage job in your hometown. The point is we are all getting away from Ohio Northern University for a few months for a much-needed break from college life. Before the fun and relaxation can get started, we all have to make it through some of the hardest weeks of college we have faced all year. Now is also the time when many professors try to cram in last minute projects and exams that severely add to the already high-stress levels of a typical college student. These projects and exams are the hardest to work on because the only thing many college students are thinking about is summer vacation and many have already mentally checked out for the year.

One of the only things keeping me motivated through the remainder of this school year is knowing I have secured an internship for the summer. I will be interning at the Robert Bosch Corporation as a Health, Safety and Environmental intern. I am still not quite sure what this position entails, however, I am very excited about the opportunity and the experience I will gain from working in such a prestigious organization. Until I secured this internship I was very stressed out about the entire process and I wasn’t sure if I was ever going to find an internship. As soon as the offer letter appeared in my inbox it was like a ton of bricks had been lifted off my shoulders and I could finally take a deep breath and relax for a second.

Aside from working with Bosch this summer, I plan on spending a substantial amount of time at the beach and hanging out with my buddies from home. I haven’t seen many of them in months because our spring breaks did not line up and we were home at different times. Going to the beach has been a significant part of my life ever since I was old enough to learn how to swim and it is something I could never see myself going without in my future life. It’s almost like going to the beach has become a culture my friends and I have all become a part of and there is nothing else we would rather do in our free time during the summer. It is not uncommon for 20 or more of my friends to meet up at the beach and spend the entire day lounging in the sand, swimming in the water, playing various beach games or even kayaking the rivers that feed into the lake. Going back home for the summer allows me to forget about all the stresses and worries associated with being a college student and it brings back to simpler times when my only worry was getting sunburnt.

2 comments:

  1. I’m very excited for summer vacation, it’s been a very long semester but this year has also gone very fast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the secured internship with Bosch! Sounds like an exciting summer to come. Its an amazing feeling knowing that you have that secured, it sure takes a lot of weight off your shoulders.

    ReplyDelete