Friday, April 26, 2019

Seeing Endgame at the Ada Movie Theater

We could not have returned to Ohio Northern University at a more perfect time. As I’ve talked about before, ONU is located in Ada, Ohio, a very small town in northwest Ohio. One of the only things to do in Ada is to go to the local movie theater on Main Street. This movie theater is a hidden gem because tickets are only $5 a person and the snacks and refreshments are very reasonably priced. The Ada movie theater only has one screening room and typically only has two showtimes per night. Some people might see this as a disadvantage, but last night the movie theater was playing the only movie in America worth seeing, Marvel’s Avengers: Endgame. This has been the most anticipated movie of the entire year and will most likely set the box office record of the highest grossing movie within the first week of its release. It felt like half the population of Ada was in attendance for the 6:30 p.m. screening and every seat in the theater was filled. This provided me with a very unique experience that I have never had before at a movie theater. I have never gone to a movie that was completely sold out and it completely changed the way I viewed the movie. Multiple times throughout the movie the patrons around me erupted in applause and cheers and it was incredible to see that many people fully engaged in the same movie.

As for the movie, it was one of the most memorizing movies I have ever seen in my entire life. Without saying too much, I will say that it was the perfect ending for the 22 movies that make up the Avengers story. There was a perfect mix of humor and seriousness that made the movie impossible to look away from. I don’t think there was one person in that entire theater that was disappointed with the film. I enjoyed the movie so much that I plan on seeing it again this Saturday with a couple of my buddies that could not attend the movie last night. Endgame was one of those movies that I could watch over and over again without it getting old. There was so much to the storyline that it is almost impossible to see the movie once and get a full appreciation for it. I would recommend this movie to anyone that is remotely interested in superhero movies because it was honestly one of the best superhero movies I have ever seen.  That being said, make sure you are caught up on all of your Avengers movies so you can have a full understanding and appreciation of the events that take place during Endgame. 

2 comments:

  1. Loved this movie! Theater isn't the nicest but for 5 bucks I can't complain .

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't made it to see this movie yet, but you have made me very excited to go watch this movie. Thanks for not including any spoilers in this blog post!

    ReplyDelete